Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI saw and I met Madeleine!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ErickHolland View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ErickHolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I saw and I met Madeleine!!
    Posted: May 06 2007 at 11:40am

Hey everyone!!

Let me introduce myself first since I'm new here. I'm Erick, 22 yrs old and I live in Amsterdam-Holland. I'm a BIG fan of Madeleine, and yesterday she was in town here!!!! She performed at the Music Café here; which was a live radio-broadcast show (with other singers as well). It was soooo awesome. I sat in the front, and she performed the gorgeous songs "I'm Alright", "A Little Bit", "Smile" and "Dance Me To The End Of Love". She was soooo good, and everyone loved her. Anyway, after her performance I walked up to her, and we took two amazing pics together!!! It was great!! I hope you guys like the pics!

Look how cute she is!

And look how cute we are!

Edited by ErickHolland
Jules UK View Drop Down

Quote Jules UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 5:28pm
Thanks for sharing Erick.

Wonderful photos and what a great experience to get to meet Madeleine.

Cheers - Jules
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 8:19am

Hello Erik,

Very cool. This looks like a great venue. It looks like that from where you were sitting that you probably heard an unamplified vocal. Thank you for the great photos. - Kobe

P.S. I love the bow holster for the bass - a quick draw tonal change.

ronkobe
Lonesome Pine View Drop Down

Quote Lonesome Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 11:29am
Great pics Erick, and I really envy you getting to  meet Madeleine the first time you  see her live.< ="text/">_popupControl();

Quote ErickHolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 4:08pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the nice replies :) Yeah it was truly a magical afternoon! She rocked! And yes; that venue is just a café. With no actual stage; just the same level as the chairs and tables.

Yeah it's the first time I've seen her live, so I was like "don't know when I get to see her again, so I'll just walk up to her" hehe!

film fan View Drop Down

Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 3:47am

Hey Erick

I just want to echo the others and say what incredible pictures that were taken of Madeleine.  The venue looks great too and so relaxed.  The last couple of pictures have you talking with Madeleine.  What was she like?  The pictures show that she looks extremely comfortable and relaxed.

You must have felt as though you were on cloud 9 when you were able to get these incredible pictures.  Well done and I'm glad you were able to get those last two pictures.  You must have been pleased as punch.

Good on you Erick.  Jonathan

Jonathan, huge Madeleine Peyroux fan.

Quote ErickHolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 6:32am

Hey there Jonathan,

Yeah that venue just rocks! It's like a big rehearsal room, where muscians are jammin' around, you know? It really looks like that. But it's a television/radio studio. And every Saturday there's a radio-broadcast show there, where artists perform live. Usually Dutch singers, but Madeleine was the first international singer in a LONG time. I was SO happy that she was coming !!

She was really nice, but I noticed she was veeery tired. So during the interview she gave, she was kind of quiet and maybe also a bit shy haha. But she was very nice to me, and I told her I was a big fan of her, and she loved to hear that

It was a great experience, and it totally made my day of course hehe!!

Love_Soup View Drop Down

Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 8:58am

Hey Erick!

Fab photos thanks for posting them!  Sounds like it was a blast!  I'm green with envy! !!!

Hugs,

Luce x

My Space

http://www.myspace.com/love_soup"
 Post Reply Post Reply