Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew album’s a masterclass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
film fan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New album’s a masterclass
    Posted: February 09 2007 at 4:03pm

I think that Madeleine's new album, 'Half The Perfect World' is possibly the best album of 2006.  It is totally chilled and so relaxing to listen to that you feel completely at ease with yourself.

With this album, she has taken the world by storm and, I'm glad to say, is sounding like a revamped Billie Holliday.  The album is one of the best albums I possess.  Her vocals seem to caress each song and she makes them her own in her own unique style.  Her voice is dreamy and beautiful and that's what makes this a pleasure to listen to.  I can't wait to hear her next album whenever it will come out.

Edited by film fan
Jonathan, huge Madeleine Peyroux fan.
Bunnie View Drop Down

Quote Bunnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2007 at 8:36pm

I completely agree!  I shared ( actually bought- NOT copied ) her CD with 3 Friends so far.  All of them adore her, too.  I hope this cd brings her much success and much deserved acclaim!

Go, Maddie!

Hany View Drop Down

Quote Hany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2007 at 3:14am
I went to Madeleine's concert in Auckland New Zealand was on Jan 26 2007 and it last for about one and half hour it was awesome also I asked her to sing a song in French and she did. I bought her last album there and then and waited for her about 40 minutes to get her autograph and then she came out from her dressing room we talked and she gave me a big hug and kiss (not on the lips..lol yeah I wish if it was..hehehe) when I told her that was me who asked you to sing a song in French.
I love her last album 'Half The Perfect World' but I have to disagree with you guys I think her previous album 'Careless Love' was the best.
Cheers
Hany
LivinLovinBlues View Drop Down

Quote LivinLovinBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 11:13am

I Think that ALL the albums are absolutely phenominal! You really cant compare one to another, because each one is great on its own. You can really hear how Madeleine has grown and learned about herself and where she stands in the world, especially starting with Dreamland, and listening all the way to Half The Perfect World. I have all of her albums, and i love LOVE LOVE hearing about her experiences and thoughts in Dreamland(she was about 22 at that point, and i will be in a month) and relating them to my own situations, and then listening to the following cds, i can see myself relating to THOSE in the next few years to come. Thats what is so great about her Art. For kindred souls, its like hearing some of your own thoughts and feelings poured out so much more beautifully and eloquently than you ever could express yourself. *PHEW*

Anywho....Thats what i think...

Oceans of Love. and Infinate Peace,

Christi

"So screw the dealer and what I've been dealt, I'll still win this hand with a little help from the pair of Aces up my sleeve.."
~'My Mean Ol' Mama" an original song by CGS
cinwoo View Drop Down

Quote cinwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 10:59pm
I just heard Madeleine in concert tonight for the first time.  Her keyboardist was stuck in Atlanta and didn't make it to the concert (which was in Mobile) but she and the band were great anyway! I'm a new fan and can't wait to download her music.   She seemed so appreciative that the audience came out in the bad wind and rain to hear her.  She was a doll.
 Post Reply Post Reply