Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLive Recording - KCRW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lulu View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Recording - KCRW
    Posted: October 27 2006 at 10:46pm
http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/mb/
mb061006madeleine_peyroux

Friends and sceptics,

If there was ever any doubts in your mind of the brilliance of Madeleine's
live performances - check out this sublime footage from a recent radio
interview that Madeleine did in LA in October.

It will dispel the sour comments of Doug and others and I hope make up
for the disappointment that a few forum members have felt at
Madeleine's live shows.

The performance is stellar - Madeleine clearly revels in this live studio
session.

Enjoy    Lulu
saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2006 at 7:35am
First off, I ADORE Madi. And yes, the KCRW performance is excellent.

I have everything she has ever recorded and love every song (including live performances from the Montreal Jazz Festival from (I think) 1997.

Her studio performances and CD's are amazing.

But a live studio performance is NOT a live public performance. I have seen Madi live four times (well, five including the Montreal Jazz Festival but that was soooo long ago). None of the four performances was totally successful although her voice was marvelous every time.

Let's face it - from ever so many comments on this web site and my own experiences, I have come to understand that often Madi is just not comfortable on stage before a big audience. Her stage presence often leaves one squirming over how uncomfortable she seems to be. She's just not good at repartee with the audience.

That doesn't make her a bad person. I still love her. But I think I have seen her "live" for the last time. I find it too hard to deal with her live persona. I will anxiously wait for her forthcoming CDs and guest appearances on other artist's CDs.

Long live Madi and her music.
Cheers!
RonJon View Drop Down

Quote RonJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 2:04pm

You nailed it sarmadi. Madi please abandon the repartee, its not required! I recently saw Bjork live in Cambridge, on DVD. She's shy & didn't say boo between songs. The music did all the talking, it was both brilliant & mysterious.

Like jazz runner from DC & you yourself acknowledge...she needs some mighty coaching on her disheveled appearance & awkward stage presence. Her nervous body language is difficult to watch, especially from someone so talented.

Post Reply Post Reply