Madeleine Peyroux Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadi vs Diana Krall ?? (plus Conan)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madi vs Diana Krall ?? (plus Conan)
    Posted: September 19 2006 at 2:15pm
Boston.com (which is, I believe, connected to The Boston Globe) has posted an interesting review of the new Madi album vs. the new Diana Krall album. Madi wins! (I like both albums, but Madi reigns supreme in my opinion as well as the reviewer's.)

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/cd_reviews/articles/2006/09/1 9/two_singers_take_standards_in_very_different_directions?p1 =email_to_a_friend

[This link seesm to work if I copy/paste it into my browser address bar but not if i just try to open the link. Not sure why, sorry!]

Also watched Madi last night on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I stayed up just to watch it and naturally she appeared last! She sang "I'm All Right. Delightful! I was disappointed because that's all there was. I was hoping she'd talk with Conan, but there was nothing but the song. Oh well.

One must wonder if the song has anything to do with a specific ex-relationship gone bad that has been much discussed.

Edited by saramadi
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply