Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadeleine’s Bristol gig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
robjh View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote robjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madeleine’s Bristol gig
    Posted: July 14 2006 at 4:49pm

Hello all,

I went to the Bristol Colston Hall gig on the 10th July - and absolutely loved it. It was the first time I've seen Madeleine live, and was just blown away. As a piano/hammond player myself I really enjoyed watching and listening to Sam Yahel at the keys.

The reason for the post here though, is to see if anyone can help me with the name of the support act. She was an Irish singer and her band comprised of a trumpet player and a piano/hammond player. Again, great hammond playing - and her vocals were just gorgeous. If anyone can help me out with a name I'd be grateful!

Many thanks,

Rob.

nfleming View Drop Down

Quote nfleming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 12:09pm

I was also at the gig, also first time to see Madeleine and very impressed. Sorry can't help with the name of the lady from Northern Ireland.

I was sitting close to the front and thought there was out of time clapping from the back, until I realised it was return sound from the hall acoustics - very strange!! I see from the artist listing that George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers played there recently - that's a loud band so I wonder how the hall acoustics performed.

Regards

Norman

proberts View Drop Down

Quote proberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2006 at 2:19am

Can't help with the support singer's name - but I'd like to know it too!

Thoroughly enjoyed her Bristol gig - wonderful mix of old stuff and songs that will presumably be on the new album.  Can't wait to hear it. 

I came away with the impression that Madeleine's live performances are benefitting hugely from her being the singer in a very tight band.  Sam Yahel really runs the show from start to finish and all the other playing is top notch.  Sam doesn't smile much but the drummer more than makes up for it and the whole band seems to enjoy playing together.

There was some stuff on here a while back about the quality of Madeleine's live act.  On this evidence she is maturing into a confident and classy performer.  Go see her if you can.

Incidentally, Colston Hall accoustics are normally excellent.  We're usually at the front for Bill Wyman's Band (coming again in October - hooray) and there is no problem with the sound.

Edited by proberts
 Post Reply Post Reply