Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadeleine Nominated for a UK MOBO Award

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jules UK View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jules UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madeleine Nominated for a UK MOBO Award
    Posted: August 25 2005 at 6:46am
Well well - what a lot has been going on in the UK press!
Like Ron I have been away and came back to all of this hype. I have to say having seen many of articles - this all seems a little like pure spin on the part of the media industry - and on the part of Universal here in the UK. Bill Holland (the head of Universal) seems like a bit of a twat - he has done a couple of interviews here in the UK! AND it is not particularly convincing.

I guess at the end of it all it is good to learn that Madeleine is indeed safe and well AND what is even better news is that Madeleine has been nominated for a Mobo Award in the best best Jazz Album category. Congratulations go out to Madeleine - fingers are crossed for you on this one!

Best regards from London - Jules
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 1:37pm

Hello Jules - It looked like we picked the wrong time to go on vacation. If we would have gone a week later we would not have missed a thing.

Anyway, thanx for the info on the UK-MOBO awards. I looked them up and saw Madeleine's name listed as number 3 on the Jazz list. It is always a pleasure to see her up for awards.

Maybe you know the answer to the listing question I have. When I looked up the MOBO awards I noticed that next to Madeleines name was the word Verve. I am familiar with Verve Records but since in the US Dreamland was released under Atlantic and Careless Love under Rounder what did Madeleine release with Verve. Is Verve a UK version of one of the two record companies, did MOBO make a mistake or is there some other answer. Please let me know if you know and take care.

Ron Kobe 

ronkobe
Jules UK View Drop Down

Quote Jules UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 4:32am
Ron

I'm sorry it's taken a while to respond. I am afraid I have no idea why
VERVE records is against Madeleine's name and I haven't managed to
investigate any further. Perhaps it's a mistake or maybe Universal hav e a
deal with them - who knows?!

However. I just voted for Madeleine using the online form. So any British
fans who want to vote or any fans (I guess) - you can do so using the
online form on the MOBO WEBISTE or txt in your vote using SMS.

Here's the link:

http://www.mobo.com
You have to click on AWARDS 2005 and the online voting.

Get out there and vote.

All the best - Jules

Hert
 Post Reply Post Reply