Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadeleine in Amsterdam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dirk View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madeleine in Amsterdam
    Posted: August 09 2005 at 2:30am

August 1st, Madeleine played the famous Carre theater in Amsterdam. It was a big dissapointment to me, the great band practically 'saved' the performance, some people even left during the break, i stuck around until the end hoping it would get better. The concert started 20 min late, Madeleine said "we've made it". Her voice was nothing like i heard on some live recordings, so at least i know that she can pull it off live instead of just making a great studio album. But this wasn't the case in Carre.I even thought it was the PA system or the soundman that wasn't doing their job right. I heard people wonder during the break if the was stoned, drunk or both, after all we were in Amsterdam. If you can read Dutch, you can read the reviews here:http://www.theatercarre.nl/site/recensie-publiek-detail .php?id=146 , or just look how they graded the concert. Some people even wanted their money back and said it was a disgrace for a theater like Carre to book an act like this.

I wonder after all the good reviews i read on this site if anyone has ever seen a bad performance like this. I really hope i can see her again in better shape.

Pete View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 6:52am
Hi Dirk

I am sorry to hear you got a rum deal from Madeleine's performance in Amsterdam.

Since her performance in London I have been lost in the world of Madeleine Peyroux - her CD is the current soundtrack of my summer and her performance in London was outstanding.

I have posted the latest review of her performance in London have a look.

Hope you get to hear her like this one of these fine days.

Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply