Madeleine Peyroux Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUK News. Hurry on over Madeleine!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jules UK View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jules UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK News. Hurry on over Madeleine!
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 1:39pm
Dear Forum Members

Haven’t yet heard back from other UK fans on this site, but I am pretty excited by the fact that I have just laid my hands on tickets for Madeliene's show this coming Saturday in Shepherd's Bush London. Actually I am amazed by my good fortune. Madeleine is indeed a ascending star over here – Careless Love is currently 45 in the UK Album Chart and rising.

Since buying Careless Love late last year I have become a dedicated fan.   I can’t get enough of Madeleine’s voice. It is so seductive. I have been doing a little bit of research on the web and thought all those of you not in the UK may like to know that she now has a UK based website - where you can see the latest TV ad for Careless Love here in the UK.

http://madeleinepeyroux.co.uk/site.php

I also discovered a couple of other websites where you can buy Madeleine Goodies, such as posters, and all of her CDs including what seems to be the infamous “Got You On My Mind”. The CD single of “Your Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” has a delightful acoustic version of “Dance Me to the End Of Love”.

http://www.malefirst.co.uk/music/amazon.php?goodies_star=Mad eleine%20Peyroux

Here is a the review from the website.

"Madeleine Peyroux, the intriguing new star of the jazz scene, has in 4 short months gone from playing Bush Hall (capacity 200) to headlining the Shepherd’s Bush Empire (2000). And on August 1st, she will be releasing her new single, You’re Gonna Make me Lonesome When You Go.

Peyroux made an impressive debut seven years ago, before disappearing to play in the jazz clubs of Europe and America.

She has made a spectacular comeback with her album Careless Love, which is set to be the success story of 2005. The track "Don't Wait Too Long" featured in the soundtrack and film MONSTER IN LAW, starring Jennfier Lopez and Jane Fonda. Her individual, beautiful voice has enchanted listeners, and this lilting single, You’re Gonna Make me Lonesome When You Go, is set to introduce more people to Madeleine Peyroux, a brilliant and unique vocalist with a bright future."

I am really looking forward to Saturday’s performance. Welcome back to the UK Madeleine and thankyou for such great music.

Yours,

Jules

Post Reply Post Reply