Forum Home Forum Home > General > About
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Email List - Zip code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
davenicholas View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote davenicholas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email List - Zip code
    Posted: April 29 2005 at 4:15am

Why does the email list form require a US number only zip code? What about European fan members?

Dave

WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 4:32am
I'll forward this question to the appropriate party

Quote davenicholas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 4:44am
Thanks - and us Europeans have a bit of difficulty reading tour dates in M/D/Y format as well!  Dave
Billy View Drop Down

Quote Billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 7:56am
zip/postal code field updated, thanks!
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 4:49pm
Is the date format like this -  Thu, May 19, 2005 - readable for Europeans, or should it be - Thu, 19 May 2005.

Not sure how I would accomodate this change but once I understand the expectations I'll see what I can do on the www.madeleinepeyroux.org site.

Quote davenicholas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 1:24pm

Haha - we're not THAT dim, both of those are fine.

The problem is on pages like the MP.com Tour dates where you display MM/DD/YY format and where both the MM and DD are numbers below 13. In this case it's particularly hard to work out whether, for example, 05/04/05 is 5th April or 4th May. No doubt regulars visiting here have mastered the difference between MP.com and MP.org and the overlapping content - but I haven't yet. Hence my other posting about why European dates didnt show on MP.com (thanks for the link to MP.org which I didnt know about). Best regards..  

WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 6:36pm
Just to clarify the .org site and the .com share this forum. I run the .org site. I will make sure someone from the .com site is made aware of this issue.

Thanks for the input.
 Post Reply Post Reply