Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAmazing voice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ionutparfin View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ionutparfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amazing voice
    Posted: March 29 2005 at 10:09am
An amazing voice and interpretation.

I have never heard something like this before, and belive me I listen a lot of music.

It is something of another time which reminds us of the musical desert in which we are living today.
Zebedee View Drop Down

Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 10:11am
Totally agree.
Peter
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 1:52pm
Hello ionutpartin - Yes I also agree. Amazing voice, wonderful interpretation. great arrangements, nice choice of instrumentation (I loved the use of the organ on some of the songs). When I went on line and read reviews I saw names like Billie Holiday and Bessie Smith but when I first heard Madeline's voice it reminds me of a young Ella Fitzgerald. I think you might want to listen to some Ella.
    I first heard Madeline on an alternative rock radio station here in the Chicago, Illinois USA area and the only song that got airplay was "Dance me to the End of Love". It was enough to get me out and buy the CD and now I am looking for "Dreamland".
    The exciting thing for me is that after hearing the "careless love" CD I realize that there is now someone of another generation that I can see and collect her works instead of saying  Billie Holiday was great or Ella Fitgerald could really turn a phrase.  I can now say that there is a voice of that caliber in the present tense.
    I will remain a fan now even if it is another eight years before she records again. I also would like to hear more of her own music.

Thanx - Ron
ronkobe
ukpeyrouxfan1 View Drop Down

Quote ukpeyrouxfan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2005 at 2:38pm

Recently viewed a late night TV ad for Careless Love and thought....mmmm this sounds good. I bought it....on firday and have listened it thru about 30 times already. This girl can sing and i desperately want to se her live but she is only doing one date in the UK on this tour........and guess where...........yes London what a suprise.

Please come and see us in the North.As for the album.........not since first listening to The Blue Nile or to Thomas lang can i remember an artist haing such an effect on me. Her voice is like cream with a passion only capable from a very very special talent.

Maddy you are the best female vocalist I have heard in a very long time.........and I am 50 next year.

All the best from England

Ian Gregory

Little Moscow Music

www.littlemoscowmusic.com

Chuck View Drop Down

Quote Chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 7:47pm

Every so often, an artist comes along and has a voice which can put you in a trance. The last female artist to do that for me was Alison Krauss. I think It's that warm, soothing melodic voice which both artists possess that really pulls me in.

kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2005 at 10:57am
Whipped Chocolate on Cheesecake

- Smooth, Creamy, Rich and Very Sweet. -

Ron Kobe
ronkobe
 Post Reply Post Reply