Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadeleine, Please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dirres1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dirres1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madeleine, Please?
    Posted: March 04 2005 at 5:39am
(please forward to Madeleine - thanks!)

Dear Madeleine,

My wife and I hold tickets for one of your two (cancelled) shows at the Iron Horse in Northampton, MA from Tuesday night.  Actually, we bought 4 tickets and had planned on “dragging” 2 friends to the show.  I only say “dragging” because they aren't familiar with you or your music, but we knew they'd thank us in the end.

However, we learned you cancelled these, and a few other, shows due to a huge opportunity you had in Europe.  We understand and we hope that it turned out to be a major success and that you now have as many new fans over there as you do here.  

Unfortunately, we also learned that, while you have already rescheduled some of the shows you cancelled to seize that opportunity, that you have (thus far, anyway) chosen NOT to reschedule your shows in Northampton, and we don't understand why.

Since your first album came out in 1996, you've had significant radio airplay in this market (thanks to WRSI-FM – named by Rolling Stone as one of the Top 10 commercial radio stations in the entire U.S. – probably due to the fact that they regularly play music by deserving artists like you).   WRSI has helped to create a significant fan base for you out here in Western Massachusetts and has been building up anticipation for this show (and playing your new album in heavy rotation) for some time now.  And, even though the Iron Horse is a small venue, there are hundreds of ticket-holding fans like us who were really excited to get an opportunity to see you perform in person.  

Please don't throw us over just because we appear to be smaller fish living in a smaller pond.  Our love of your music is just as avid as those who live in larger cities.  And, besides, thanks to WRSI, we've been fans since the beginning.  Certainly that must count for something!

Won't you please reconsider your decision and find a way to work Northampton back into your current tour schedule?

Sincerely,
    John Epstein
CharlieMitt. View Drop Down

Quote CharlieMitt. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 8:44pm

Dear Madeleine,

Can you work Birmingham, England into your tour schedule. I still haven't given you that book yet. It's called Landor's Tower and its by Iain Sinclair. Tha Mazet is mentioned (p.107). The big thing is though. I'm in it.Bad News Mutton. You might recognize me. Did you listen to ' The Field Recordings'? If so, how about getting me a deal with Rounder....

Charlie
blackmamba47 View Drop Down

Quote blackmamba47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by dirres1

Please don't throw us over just because we appear to be smaller fish living in a smaller pond.  Our love of your music is just as avid as those who live in larger cities.  And, besides, thanks to WRSI, we've been fans since the beginning.  Certainly that must count for something!

Won't you please reconsider your decision and find a way to work Northampton back into your current tour schedule?

Hey John, I'm just another fan like you, so nothing I say is official, but I'd be real surprised if Madeleine has much of anything to do with the rescheduling of her concerts.  That's what her booking agents are for.  And if her show in Northampton hasn't be rescheduled it could just as well be because the venue doesn't have a date available that matches Madeleine's schedule as opposed to her making an active decision to simply skip your location.

I recently saw Madeleine play at a very small venue like yours.  She did two shows a night for two or three nights and every show was sold out.  Based on what I saw, I feel confident saying that Madeleine would never throw anyone over.  Small venue or large, she puts her heart into her work.  The show I saw was great and she stayed late to sign cds for every last person who waited around.  She was kind and thoughtful, took the time to look everyone in the eye and share a moment.  There's no doubt that she is grateful to her fans and appreciative of all the folks who turn out to see her play.

If she doesn't make it to Northampton, I would assume it is out of her control.  But I'm sure that at some point she'll be back your way.
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2005 at 3:33pm

The Iron Horse concert has been rescheduled for May 31.

See www.madeleinepeyroux.org/ontour.asp

Post Reply Post Reply