Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSeattle JazzAlley Concert 2-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Klay View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Klay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seattle JazzAlley Concert 2-10
    Posted: February 10 2005 at 10:31am
Hi:

Wonderful concert last night. Madeleine and band performed all the songs that the local jazz station, KPLU, had been playing.  I hadn't purchased any of her albums and I only knew those songs.  I enjoyed 'em. 

What I really enjoyed though, was all the suprises.  A song by Bob Dylan, a song about farming, a song about Paris.  I even enjoyed it when the bass player's cell phone went off during the first sentimental bars of the last song.  The arrangement and delivery of those songs I had not heard before really grabbed me.

One thing that was distracting - the keyboards seemed to have their volumes turned to 11 when everyone else was at 6.  Maybe it was where we were seated (behind the keyboard). 

Anyways, great show!  I definitely need to buy the album to heard what else I've been missing.

Cheers,

Klay
Seattle, WA

Edited by Klay
blackmamba47 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blackmamba47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 1:58am
I was at Madeleine's show Tuesday in Seattle.  Like you, I was sitting behind the keyboards and found them to be a little overwhelming.  Guess I'll know to get there earlier next time so I can get a better place in line. 

Anyway, I'm fairly new to Madeleine's music so I don't have much insight to offer.  The first time I heard her I thought she could give Billie Holliday a run for her money in a contest to see who sounds the most like Billie Holliday , but by the end of the show Tuesday, Madeleine had really carved out her own space in my ear.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from her. 
 Post Reply Post Reply