Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSanta Fe Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SWmusicfan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SWmusicfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Santa Fe Show
    Posted: April 03 2009 at 5:24pm
Last night was my first Madeleine Peyroux show, I've been a big fan since 'Dreamland.' I thought her voice sounded great and the band was wonderful, they seemed to be enjoying what they were doing. However, Madeleine looked completey bored and at times she seemed annoyed. On a personal note, this evening was planned around this show. My partner and I were celebrating our anniversary, we don't live in Santa Fe so we thought we'd make a night of it. Dinner, nice hotel and the highlight was to be the show. Funny thing about dinner, I sat at a table facing Madeleine, which had me even more excited about the show. After the first song she made a snide comment about the last time she was in Santa Fe, I was really suprised. Later on, she made another negative comment and after a few more songs she managed to get another jab in, something about Santa Fe not being very exotic to her. For the record, I'm not from New Mexico, I just live here. I don't have any attachment to Santa Fe but I certainly wouldn't stand up in front of the town as a guest of honor and be so insulting. I have been to hundreds of concerts and I don't ever remember any performer ragging on the town they're performing in, to an audience that had paid to see them! Why did she think those people were sitting in the audience? I thought she was rude and overall the song selection was dull, made even more dull by her attitude.
 Post Reply Post Reply