FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPoughkeepsie show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JaneB View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JaneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poughkeepsie show
    Posted: March 10 2009 at 8:03pm
Ouch I was very disappointed with her Poughkeepsie show. I did not like the opening act, and I came all the way from Vermont to hear Madeleine! I love her albums, but will not go to another live performance.
pordy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 7:31pm
Was thrilled to see her performance on Friday June 27th. 12 song set plus 2-3 encores. Some favorites (Blue Alert, Don't Wait Too Long, Walking After Midnight) some new, and an upbeat tribute to George Carlin.  Her voice was great, as was her band. I didn't expect her to take so many liberties with the cadence of the songs but still enjoyed it. What I didn't realize was that the show was a benefit concert-- does she only do benefits?  The audience seemed a bit tame and I was hoping to hear Was I, Saturday Night,  Always a Use.  Biggest complaint? Opening act was a gospel singer. She was spunky with a great voice but I didn't come to be preached to.  Looking forward to her next CD. Thanks to an old NPR interview and Jonathan Schwartz (WNYC) for turning me on to her!
 Post Reply Post Reply