Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew European Tour?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
josvdberg View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New European Tour?
    Posted: November 03 2004 at 6:45am

Hi,

My name is Jos. I live in Holland, and am a new member on this forum (though not new to Madi's music).
I just found out that she will be playing at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, on Dec. 13. Tickets'll go on sale next saturday. Needless to say that I'll be the first one to buy a ticket! Saw her play here only once, 8 years ago at the North Sea Jazz Festival. So I'm eager to see and hear her again.

Strangely I couldn't find any info on her European touring schedule on the site. I want to find out if she's doing more concerts around here that I can go to.

WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 6:08pm
I'm trying to find out if there is an European tour. So far their have been two isolated shows acroos the pond. One in London and this one in Amsterdam.

If I find anything out I'll let everyone know
josvdberg View Drop Down

Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2004 at 4:37am

Thank you. If there are more concerts planned in Holland I'll definitely go there as well!
To complete the info on the London concert. This is an appearance at the London Jazz Festival on Tuesday November 16, together with Peter Cincotti. On the website of this festival all attention goes out to Mr. Cincotti....
http://www.rfh.org.uk/main/events/93065.html?section=contemp orary&file=index&month=3&week=12

So to me it's not clear whether this will be a duo concert, or merely a Peter Cincotti concert with Madi as support act?

josvdberg View Drop Down

Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 2:05am

Heres sits a happy man, the proud owner of a ticket for Madi's concert at the Paradiso in December. But I'm still on the lookout for more concert appearances around the place.
And yes, it's beginning to look like a European tour indeed! Madeleine will do a second concert in December. 2 Days prior to the Amsterdam gig she'll do the following concert:

Date: Dec. 11 2004
Venue: New Morning
Address: 7-9 rue des Petites Ecuries
75010 Paris 10
FRANCE
Tel : 0145235141

Ticket reservations can be made at:
http://infoconcert.francebillet.com/fiche_manifestation.jsp? codman=NM11D

Although it's tempting I don't think I'll be able to attend. Just a bit too far away from where I live.

Jos

PS: Doesn't the webmaster get a list of booked concerts from Madi's agency, for the website?

Edited by josvdberg
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 4:41am
At this point I get the US concerts and am working on getting the European concerts.

So for the moment you fans are my early warning on concerts.

Thanks
josvdberg View Drop Down

Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:14am

OK, we'll keep our eyes open!

Meanwhile for those of you who live in France and/or are lucky enough to be able to attend the Paris gig, here's a nice article on Madeleine from French magazine Le Figaro:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/magazine/20041105.MAG0103.html

josvdberg View Drop Down

Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:20am

And, in addition to tonight's concert at The Ark in Ann Arbor, you can listen to Madi at WDET FM, where she'll play live at
The Martin Bandyke Program (1-4pm)

http://www.wdetfm.org/

josvdberg View Drop Down

Quote josvdberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 8:35am

A correction on the Paris concert. Madeleine will play there both Saturday AND Sunday!

http://www.bamboo-music.com/coupcoeur.php3

Post Reply Post Reply