fired from a job twenty years ago for his behavior. That story has been
around long before Ms. Peyroux was on the scene - and people will believe
what they want to believe. Let’s listen to the brilliant music that both these
incredible artists have created and hope they continue to put their energy
and passion into that.    
arkin View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2007 at 10:56pm

Am I crazy, or am I reading an entirely different "open letter to Madeleine Peyroux" then the rest of you? or did you just make up your mind without reading the letter at all. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who actually read the whole letter and checked the links. I think if you did that you wouldn't be so quick to say that William is making a fuss about nothing.

Mclellan, Accusing a person of "numerous incidents of physical abuse" is as close to career murder as you can get. I know for a fact William has played with Streissand and Carly Simon and Peggy Lee to name a few. I know he playes with other younger singers like Madeleine. NOBODY would play with a person who has committed numerous incidents of physocal abuse. No woman who heard these accusations would allow him in the studio or the stage with her. Can you imagine Streissand saying "oh its okay to hire William Galison as long as we have an armed guard raedy to take him out if he tries anything". If I really believed that a musician had physically abused another musician I damnn sure wouldn't take him on a tour or even use him on a gig. Not because I'm afraid but because i don't put up with anybody who is violent. The fact that Madeleine is younger has absolutely nothing to do with it, unless I'm missing something.

If Madeleine (or her lawyer) didn't murder William's career, it wasn't because they didn't try. If william doesn't lose work because of Madeleine's accusations, it is only because the  people who hire him didn't hear about the accusations or because they think Madeleine is a liar. Madeleine says she was going to have him arrested for criminal harassment.  Madeleien's manager (who runs a record company with the owner of the Blue Note) told the owner of the Blue Note that William was planning on smashing up the Blue Note when she was playing there and they put up his picture so the bouncer could throw him out. I heard that directly from a friend who does sound at the Blue Note. If William's manager was a friend of the owner of the Blue Note and told him that Madeleine was a crack addict and was planning on robbing the cash register, and they banned her from the place, what do you think Madeleine's army of lawyers would do about that? Would you say that Madelien was making a fuss about nothing?

Do you think Rounder records would ever give William a contract after they basically told Madeleine's lawyer to shut him down?

William says that he will never know who else was told that he's a violent person and what work he will lose because of it.  I totally understand why that drives him crazy. Madeleine at least told a journalist that many women "don't survive" William. What the hell is a journalist suppose to think that means, especially when she;s already accused him of physical abuse? And when you tell a journalist something, you expect them to report it. Madeleine didn't even use her own name. She pretended to be someone else who knew about Wiliam's so called "violent behavior". That is totally not cool and I would call it attempted career murder at least. Attempted murder is still a major crime and attempted career murder isn't any less evil just because they don't succeed.

Madeleine is a huge international star who can hire mafia lawyers and block William from playing at the best clubs or getting contracts with the best labels. What the hell can William do to defend himself? Seems to me he's doing the best he can, and God bless him for that.

What the hell does Madeleine being younger than william have to do with it? Arte you sayng that nobody will believe her because she's only thirty something years old? That's a laugh.

Last of all, William is a brilliant musician like you say. Many people in the community think he's more than that. If he screws up his own career and doesn't get the rec

WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2007 at 9:48am
I am closing this topic before it gets out of hand.

To everyone, lets move on. Everything about this topic is now layed out, links to Williams info are there.

Any additional topics on this matter will be deleted.

Lets talk about the music not this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12