Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mzimmy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mzimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excited
    Posted: June 11 2007 at 6:37pm
Oh man....
What are the odds...

I was ready to burn all of my frequent flier miles to see Madeleine this spring...All of them..did not care. Just wanted to see her in concert. ANYWHERE...

To find out she is coming in November to Harrisburg...mmm 'bout 5 miles away...HA! SCORE!...

I've got my wife and even her 87 dear mother (Yes my mother-in-law is FANTASTIC) excited about going to see her and got the seats BOOKED!...

It doesn't get much better. First time I've wished summer would go by fast!!
mzimmy View Drop Down

Quote mzimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 8:26pm
Can anyone tell me if Ms. Peyroux includes "Once in a Awhile" as part of her concert set?

If so, it has got to be one of the most beautiful songs ever performed...

My dream is to see Madi in Paris some day. My wife and I finally made it to the Eiffel tower last year, ever since she is convinced she is a Parisian princess kidnapped against her will at birth and made to live in the Unites States...

<sigh>

At least she is able to cook the part....

:^)

Daisy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Daisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 9:37am

Hi

I have seen Madeleine perform a number of times in the last year (all here in NYC) and in all of these performances "Once in a While" has not been part of her live repetoire.  I would agree with you it is a fabulous song - it wrenches at my heart every time I hear it.  What I also find amazing is that this is an original song.  It totally sounds as if it is from an era long gone by (sound and feel).  Every time I listen to it, I am transcended to that time and yet it's lyrics have such resonance with the here and now.

It is a great song.  Sadly though, I think we may have to wait some time to hear Madeleine sing it live.   

Best - Daisy

Post Reply Post Reply