Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFolk Crossover???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kobe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Folk Crossover???
    Posted: May 17 2007 at 12:19pm

Hello All,

I have been away from this forum for to long. So here goes.

I was in my office at work listening to online music. My rock station wasn't streaming to well and my jazz station was in a "play long atonal solo cuts" mode, so I was listening to a great folk website called Folkalley.com. Now they have good music, instumentals, fiddle, vocal duets, alot of celtic and it is easy to listen to while I'm working. So here I am working away when I hear the familiar tones of "Don't Wait to Long", I fell off my chair and as I was picking myself off the floor I was reaching for the volume control to TURN IT UP. There it was. The fabulous Ms. Madeleine getting airtime on a Folk Station. Hooray, I shouted. Mainly because its a great song but also because whenever I find Ms. Madeleine played on a new outlet I think how great it is to see her popularity grow so more people can know what we already know.  That Ms. Madeleine is the best. You must understand that I will not play Ms. Madeleines CD's at work because I would never get any work done. I would be just sitting and listening.

So I'll just keep reading this forum and listening to Ms. Madeleine whenever I can.

Thanx - Ron kobe

ronkobe
saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 7:11am
Good to hear you're still around.   

I rarely hear Madi on the radio on KJZZ - the local NPR station that follows a jazz format at night.

Later!
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply