Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBBC Radio 2 Jazz Artist of the Year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lonesome Pine View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lonesome Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 9:12am
That is indeed great news Pete, thank you for letting us know.   And well deserved.   Well done Madeleine.
Jules UK View Drop Down

Quote Jules UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 12:14pm
Hey Guys

I was really chuffed to hear Madeleine recieved the international award at the BBC Jazz Awards - especially after Curtis Stigers got the Jazz Artist of the year.

You can hear the highlights on RADIO TWO - listen in. The International Award was the pelnutimute award. Have a listen. Ricky Lee Jones made an interesting slip of the tongue and refered to it as the ultimate award (at least that is what I heard) Fantastic Madeleine! Madeleine's speech was short and simply expressed thanks and her pride in the music and then she went on to sing Dance Me to the End of Love. I would have liked to hear her speak a little more, but boy did she sound great when she sang. That's more than good enough for me.

Here is the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bb c.co.uk/radio/aod/radio2_aod.shtml?radio2/r2_jazzawards  ;      

Cherio - Jules

Edited by Jules UK
film fan View Drop Down

Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 5:06am

I would like to echo what everyone else has written.

Congratulations to Madeleine on winning the International Award at the Jazz Awards  She definitely deserved it.  Although I wasn't here to see it, I felt it in my bones that she would win.

Very well deserved.  Woohoo!!!

This is Jonathan signing off till next time.

Jonathan, huge Madeleine Peyroux fan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12