Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLondon Gig April 17th Review and Set List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Love_Soup View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Gig April 17th Review and Set List
    Posted: April 17 2007 at 9:12pm

Hi Guys!

When I last posted on here, Daisy wanted me to come back and give you a review of the London gig ... so here it is!

I was 'a little bit' apprehensive prior to going because of what some of you have posted about other shows.  I am really pleased to report that tonight's gig was brilliant in all respects.  Madeleine did not seem at all stage struck, she was chirpy and chatty between songs and she sang like a bird.  Perhaps the only disappointing part of the show was the audience!  As a big fan of Madie, I couldn't believe the lack of response from the crowd in as much as seemingly very few people recognised intros early and if they did they certainly didn't make a noise about it! 

You guys will be glad to hear that the amount of noise I generated hopefully helped to makeup for my fellow countrymens' lack!  YeeeHa!

I know that a lot of artists think that London crowds are quiet and reticent however, I attend quite a few gigs and this one, I have to say, was the worst audience response I've ever known!  I felt rather embarrassed.  I can't account for it? 

Anyway, onto more interesting things, here is the set that Madie played:

Blue AlertClap

Don't Cry BabyClapClapClap

Don't Wait Too LongClapClapClap

Everybody's Talkin'Clap

A Little BitClapClapClap

(Looking For) The Heart of Saturday NightClap

La JavanaiseClapClapClap

My Space

http://www.myspace.com/love_soup"
film fan View Drop Down

Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 3:46am

Hey there

I absolutely agree with you.  I felt that the response from the audience was limited.  I thought that last night's concert was a blast.  She looked terrific on the stage and it looked like she owned it for a couple of hours.  Great to see her band have some solo spots throughout the gig.

The venue was a perfect platform for her style of singing and she was very audible.  I think that the song you're asking about is Half The Perfect World.  You might have to check that one.  I had a brilliant view point from where I was sitting.  I was in row U in the stalls.

For anyone who hasn't had the fortune of seeing her yet, be sure to catch her whenever she's in your area.  You won't be disappointed.  This is film fan saying bye for now.

Jonathan, huge Madeleine Peyroux fan.
Love_Soup View Drop Down

Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 4:23am

Hi Jonathan!

Hey!  You must have been that 'other' person making lots of noise last night then !!!  Lucky you to be in the front row of the stalls, we were in the stalls but  further back in Row U next to the centre aisle!

I've just checked the set list I scribbled down and realise that I left Half The Perfect World off my posting,   Madie sang that between I'm Alright and Weary Blues! Sorry for the omission there guys!

Luce x

My Space

jroberts View Drop Down

Quote jroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 5:23am
The show was excellent as you say.
I think you misunderstand the audience though. At the end of each song they were very appreciative indeed and you can't deny that. During the songs they were quiet and this, I think, was simply respect to the quality of the music and I think think totally fair. I think people wanted to listen and enjoy - not shout and scream. I couldn't think of anything more absurd for example than a crowd singing along to the songs and depriving themselves of listening to the voice of an outstanding talent.
Personally I was silent during the music because I wanted to concentrate on the fabulous art.
That's my view for what it's worth and I'm happy it was that way.

film fan View Drop Down

Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 7:47am

Hi Luce

I was in Row U of the stalls as well!  I was sitting right on the end of the row (seat 19).  You must have been sitting in the same row as me!

Glad you enjoyed the show.  I know I did. 

Madeleine does have a fantastic singing voice and I was very appreciative after the songs.  I was a little bit surprised that after the show, only a handful of people gave her a standing ovation.  About 3 maybe 4 people in the stalls actually gave a standing ovation.  Surely they were treated to a fabulous show from a brilliant singer at the top of her game.  That's why I gave an ovation.

Love_Soup View Drop Down

Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 10:38am

Hey Jonathan!

Sorry I misread your original posting!  You must have been sitting across the centre ailse from us then!!!  Small world! 

I was also amazed that not more people took to their feet at the end of the performance as she and the band performed brilliantly! Perhaps quiet people are also sedentary people  !

I also found it odd that there was little to no applause for the outsanding solos that were deleivered too?  But hey ho maybe I'm just being absurd  ???

TTFN

Luce x

My Space

film fan View Drop Down

Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 3:25pm

Hey Luce

I don't think you're being absurd at all.  I also found it quite odd that there was little to no applause for the amazing solos.  One of my favourite solo slots was the double bass.  I just love that deep sound it gives.

One of the funniest moments was when Madeleine offered the guitarist, Sean, the chance to take to the front of the stage when a couple of the audience members shouted 'I love you Sean'.  I found it was hilarious.  But there was hardly a ripple of laughter anywhere else.  Did you find that?  Maybe it was just me.

BFN

Love_Soup View Drop Down

Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 3:48pm

Hey Jonathan!

All the solos were grrrreat! And yes the banter was very funny!

Don't worry!  You're not on your own on that score!

I'd like to get to the Cheltenham Jazz Festival, I wonder if they'll be a livelier crowd there?  I certainly hope so!

Cheers

Luce x

My Space

Lonesome Pine View Drop Down

Quote Lonesome Pine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Love_Soup

(I didn't know this one but the lyrics include "... When I hear a melody ...I hear music ..." Anyone got any idea?Clap

I was at the Dublin concert in the Olympia and got a copy of the set list, which looks the same.   "I Hear Music" is the name of that song.

For the encore in Dublin, Julie Folis and her band joined Madi and her band which was a lovely idea.

Edited by Lonesome Pine
Love_Soup View Drop Down

Quote Love_Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 5:37pm

Hi Lonesome Pine,

Thanks for that!

Cheers!

Luce x

My Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>