Forum Home Forum Home > General > Music
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIt the Singer not the performance so much

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mike the Limey View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mike the Limey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It the Singer not the performance so much
    Posted: April 01 2007 at 1:04pm
Despite the terrible reviews by the people of Charleston recently, I would still like to see Madeleine Peyroux for myself North of the border possible in Toronto or Hamilton.  I can understand fully the annoyance of the people in Charleston, who knows perhaps she has learnt her lesson.  I think I would have demanded my money back if I was them.  However I heard her for the 1st. time on a Jazz station from T.O. and she completely captivated me and when I cannot afford to do so will be buying her records as one must certainly admit that her voice is surely something else in this day of Hip Hop and singers, and I call them that in the loosest of terms, not being able to put two words together so that one can understand what on earth they are singing? about. To me Madeleine Peyroux is one of the best singers to emerge on the Jazz/Blues scene for many a year.
Michael J Wareham
film fan View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote film fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 1:38pm

I absolutely agree with you Michael.  A singer like Madeleine is very difficult to come across nowadays.  She's the latter day version of Billie Holliday.

I certainly recommend that you purchase the albums 'Careless Love' and her phenominal 'Half The Perfect World' which I think is possibly her finest album to date of the ones she produced so far.

And yes, everybody can hear what Madeleine is singing about cause we can all hear the words!

Jonathan, huge Madeleine Peyroux fan.
 Post Reply Post Reply