Forum LockedGot you on my mind on wikipedia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carson View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got you on my mind on wikipedia
    Posted: March 18 2007 at 4:22pm

I'm a recent convert to the music of Ms. Peyroux and have bought all four of her CD's in the past two months, and listened to them a lot!, the last one being my favorite at the moment. I've never been on a fan site before, but I was moved to join and see what I could learn about this young woman with the beautiful voice.

I was intrigued by Got You On Mind because it seemed like a different sort of project than the others (besides for the obvious fact that its a duet record).

Then I saw some videos of  Peyroux and Galison on Youtube, and wondered what became of that collaboration. I searched on this site and found that the subject was banned (which strikes me as strange, but its not my website), and that there had been a lot passionate discussion a while ago.

So I checked wikipedia and there was a story about a woman in Florida who was followed to her bedroom by a man who was identified in a line up????Was that supposed to be Galison???? Maybe it had to do with Got you on my mind, but it obviously went way over my head. (I'm fairly short).

In any case, I just went back to that site to see if I could make sense of that, and the whole posting has been changed, apparently by Galison or someone in his "camp". The story of the "lawsuit" is the main event.

The address is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Got_You_on_My_Mind

It's quite a story, full of some allegations which if true are very serious, (and if false are probably libelous!). If anybody wants to get at least one side of the lawsuit story, that article is well worth reading. I for one, would like very much to hear the other side....

The whole thing seems sad really. From the videos, which must have been fimed sometime in 2003, it seems like they were great friends and they certainly made fine music together. So what happened?

Anyway, happy trails to my fellow fans out there...

Carson

Oh by the way: regarding downloading videos. It looks like you can download stuff off of Google video, but not You Tube video. Sometimes videos are posted on more than one service.

Jane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:28am
Please do not discuss the arrest warrant and trial in Florida.  The woman and her family need privacy.  Thank you.
Daisy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 9:35am

Well said Jane.  Frankly, I think all parties need their privacy when it comes to legal wranglings.  Speculation from those that observe from the sidelines - equipped with insufficient information is never really helpful.  Besides this is a private dispute which as far as I can tell is simply an ownership and marketing issue,  not really any great shakes.  The Wikepedia entry is clearly a Galison effort, which attempts to elevate something quite mundane to the sensational with references to Mob Lawyers etc. This hyperbole seems a little ridiculous wouldn't you say. 

D

Jane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 2:32pm
I ask all of you to please stop speculating on the criminal proceedings.  My family and I have had to move, change our phone numbers, and there is a warrant that will be served at the right time.  I know you have concern and I appreciate that, but please just let the authorities do their jobs.  Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply