Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCurrent Tour - Song Playlist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dasher View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Current Tour - Song Playlist
    Posted: January 16 2007 at 12:46pm

Hello -

I just joined today.  I was lucky enough to see MP here in Atlanta, GA I guess in '96 or '97, when "Dreamland" came out.  Fantastic show.

My girlfriend and I have tickets for the March '07 show here in ATL and I was curious to see what songs she has been singing on the tour thusfar.

Anyone have any lists?  Many Thanks.

Carabao View Drop Down

Quote Carabao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 2:40am

I was at last nights performance in Perth Western Australia,it was Madeleines first time to Perth and the first leg of her Australian Tour.

Madeleine started off with Blue Alert and sounded a tad nervous,her voice was quite soft and was lost a little at the Concert hall,she sung,Half the perfect World,Dont cry baby,Dont wait to long,Dance me to the end of love,weary blues,careless love,youre gonna make me lonesome when you go,all i need is a little bit,looking for the heart of sat night,everybodys talking,i'm alright, She returned with 3 encore songs walking after midnight,smile and finished with J'ai Deux Amours,there may have been a couple of more songs that i forgot.

As the night went on Madeleine seemed more at ease ,and her voice was much  stronger,but i was not blown away with her performance and a little disappointed.I feel she would be more at home in a smaller venue.It was still good to be there though and very grateful she included Perth on her tour ,as we sometimes miss out on good concerts.

Would have loved to hear Between the BARS also,which i was hanging out for, and if the band didnt have so many solo's she could have slipped it in i'm sure.

Still Love you. Madeleine

dasher View Drop Down

Quote dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 8:20am

Wow, all in all, it sounds like it was a pretty good show.  I know my girlfriend's favorite song is "Was I" and I know we'll both hope she sings that song.

I think I know what you are talking about when you write you'd like to see her in a smaller setting.  When I saw her in '96 or so, it was at an old converted movie theatre here in Atlanta that seats about 300, I'd guess.  The local paper did a full-page write-up about her the day OF the show and the place was PACKED.  The paper stressed she was a "local girl" and I guess that helped bring out the folks.

She's playing in Symphony Hall in March, which I guess, seats about 1200 or so.  Certainly different dynamics will be involved!

Many thanks for your review!  I'll happily post my own in March!

Cheers!

Dan Asher

Atlanta, GA

ggraeber View Drop Down

Quote ggraeber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 9:12am
Touring Band?
I live in Alabama near Mobile and she is coming here to perform.  We have a an independent radio station hear that plays her music and supports musicians like her.  My question is does anyone know who her touring band is presently?  I a bad drummer, but love it , and I know Scott Amendola use to play with her.  Can anyone give me a heads up as to who her touring band is? 
Thanks,
Greg
benji boy View Drop Down

Quote benji boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 11:20am

Hi

I am new to the forum and I am looking forward to seeing Madeleine perform here in Sydney this weekend.  It will be the first time I will see her live - really looking forward to it.

Just read this review of her show last night in Perth.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21075659- 5001562,00.html

Not sure if Madeleine has a permanent band but this review mentions Barak Mori on the Bass and James Beard on the keyboards (piano / Hammond 3).  No mention of who was on percussion.  I know that in the past she has played with other muscians.

Can't wait for Sunday's show.

Ben
dasher View Drop Down

Quote dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 2:59pm

I know you're excited...please be sure to give us a review!!!  Take a pen and paper to write down the songs...and maybe get an autograph!

D.

Philip View Drop Down

Quote Philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2007 at 5:22pm

Hello,

I'm another new member.

Saw Madeleine -for the first time -  at the Melbourne Concert Hall last Friday on what was an extremely sultry evening.

Song list similar to the one posted, although much to my disappointment, my favourite songs I'm Allright and California Rain were not included. However thoroughly enjoyed the night although I too felt Madeliene was a little nervous and uncomfortable with such a big venue. Band very tight and impressive. Drummer was Darren Beckett.  

Does anyone know if a DVD of Madeleine is available?

Best regards

Philip Davey (Melbourne)

PS: Support act CW Stoneking was very unusual and not to my liking unfortunately.

Philip Davey (Melbourne, Australia)
benji boy View Drop Down

Quote benji boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 10:22am

Ladies and Gents

Just wanted to let you all know what a great time I had on Sunday night at Madeleine’s show in Sydney.  She literally blew me away, swept me off my feet and broke my heart with her performance.   The band too, James Beard on Keyboards, Barak Mori, on bass and Darren Beckett on drums were outstanding.

Madeleine opened with Blue Alert, Don't Cry Baby, Don't Wait Too Long and Everybody's Talking, (Looking For) the Heart of Saturday Night. Half the Perfect World, I Think It's Gonna Rain Today, Dance Me to the End of Love and You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go were stand out moments for me.   Madeleine’s beguiling and utterly sublime phrasing tore at my heart and lifted me up in a way that few vocalists have ever made me feel.   Her voice and performance have a raw, naked beauty which is unadulterated. I for one loved it.  She really is one in a kind.

Sincerely, hope you all get to enjoy her upcoming shows in the way I did.

Cheers Ben.

Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply