Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHalf the Perfect World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Curious Jim View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Curious Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Half the Perfect World
    Posted: October 08 2006 at 11:49pm

This is one of the most beautiful and well-crafted albums I have ever lheard.  One song slips seamlessly into the next.  I can't stop listening to it. 

The theme is the loss of love -- a breakup.  Perhaps we have someone to thank for this outburst of musical creativity.  Some heartless bastard who hurt Madeleine?  Who knows.  If that is the case, she has certainly turned the tables on him with this knockout album.

Curious Jim View Drop Down

Quote Curious Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2006 at 11:58pm
I should also mention that Dean Parks on guitar and Samuel Lahel on keyboards are absolutely luminous.  Madeleine has found musicians who complement her voice beautifully. 
wcoastcat View Drop Down

Quote wcoastcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2006 at 10:10am
Yes - Half the Perfect World is off the charts.  right up to the point where "La Javanaise" rolls out.  Through no fault of mine, I am strictly an English speaker, although I can muddle through some street Spanish.  I got no idea what the song is about, although it does sound nice musically.
Wcoastcat
Mikeaj View Drop Down

Quote Mikeaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2006 at 9:04am

I'm sorry but I don't agree!!  I was really disappointed with Half the Perfect World!!!  None of the tracks were a patch on either Careless Love or Got you on my Mind!!!  It all sounded 'old hat' to me and even the musicians who are usually so good sounded tired and listless!!  I was so looking forward to hearing somthing new form her but it was all just rehashed material!!

iamanamina View Drop Down

Quote iamanamina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 5:22pm
Well i definatley like it. I don't think Madeleine is the kind of artist that needs to re-invent her self in anyway at all, she doesn't need to create anything too far from what she does best - which is simple, soft warm and comforting songs. I know for a fact if she decided to change her singing style too much then, for me anyway, she wouldn't have the same appeal. I love her hearing her voice regardless of whatever shes singing about, the music is delightful her voice is beautiful. I've become comfortable with her music and even used to it; when you sing along with it it's just lovely! Carry on what you're doing Maddie, 'cause you're a star!
Boyzo View Drop Down

Quote Boyzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2006 at 1:30pm
I am with Curious Jim.

"Half the Perfect World" is shear pleasure ... she sings like no other the musicians are perfect, they (both) have created timeless music ... this is unique today in a fast world

LA JAVANAISE is my fav.  this is like a dream ... words and music by Serge GAinsbourg (thanks google)

Go Madeleine you touch my heart .....

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u= http://www.paroles.net/chansons/16529.htm&sa=X&oi=tr anslate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DLa %2BJavanaise%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rlz%3D1B2GGGL_enAU177

Edited by Boyzo
Life should be fun
 Post Reply Post Reply