Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadi in Portland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
paximus View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote paximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2006 at 2:47pm

I was at the performance at Oaklands Paramount Theatre. This was my first time seeing her perform, and I have to heartily agree with the writer it was a wonderful and intimate performance.

She appeared to be really relaxed throughout the evening, sang beautifully and interacted with the audience in a comfortable manner.

Only when she discovered her Capo was missing did things become a little uncomfortable IMO, as her stage manager unceremoniously dumped her purse onstage and walked off. The whole while though, she joked with the audience and made light of it, and when the audience member Amanda answered that she did in fact have a capo and would she like to borrow it the audience exploded in applause and cheering when she brought it up and handed it to Madeliene.

The band was phenomenal! what a quartet of musicians!! The evening was just one amazing set after another and my lady and I are very much looking forward to seeing her again in the near future.

Pax Smith
"Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!"
goldie View Drop Down

Quote goldie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2006 at 10:24pm

Can anyone who's seen Madeleine recently tell me what the format of her show is?

How long is she on for... is she doing encores??

I want to see her in January and am wondering how big a night it is!

thanks

doug View Drop Down

Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 1:10pm
So, I say she sucked live two years ago people jump all over me. But here
she is, still doing the same crap (often) to her ticket buying, album
buying, adoring audience whenever poor "Madi" isn't in the mood. The
venue wasn't right. She lost her capo. Don't miss "...the best jazz vocalist
of our time." Just make sure you don't see her on a night when they get
her Chinese take out order wrong. A real pro.
saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 3:19pm
Poor bitter Doug.
We feel for you.
Cheers!
doug View Drop Down

Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 4:14pm

Edited by doug
Pete View Drop Down

Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 5:29pm
I'm confused.   

Are you related to a certain individual who was band from this forum some time back?   There is something a little too familiar in the vitriloc nature of your posts.

I have seen Madeleine perform in the UK four times in the last two years. London three times (Shepherds Bush, Barbican, and most recently at the London Tower) and in Glasgow. I count myself pretty privileged to have seen her perform live so many times. Each of these performances have been different, but each have been entirely compelling and captivating experiences. Live music at its best.

Hope you get over your disappointing experience Doug.

Sincerely, Pete
doug View Drop Down

Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2006 at 6:00pm
No, I'm not that guy. Now he really had an axe to grind. And I won't post again. Ever. Woohoo! But after I whined about my experience in this forum a couple years ago I recieved this private message:

Dear Doug,
I really appreciate you writing to me. Thanks! I apologize for your not
having as good a time as you should have that night. I admit that it was
not a show I would ever boast about. Every artist goes through a few very
rough nights. And if I could make up every last one of them, I would!
If you decide to come to another show, I would be pleased if you'd come
back to meet me afterwards.
   Sincerely Yours,
madeleine

Well, at the time I believed it was her and I guess I still do. I really hadn't posted anything on here in ages but I still check out the site and it seems that she continues to be a crapshoot when it comes to performing. It's just puzzling that the person who wrote that could be that insensitive to her audience. And it isn't fair to all who have been disappointed in the past and will probably be in the future.

Edited by doug
RonJon View Drop Down

Quote RonJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 4:43pm
I feel for you Doug. I started this unfavorable review & I wish Madi would contact me. When my date & I walk out, I fully expected Madi to throw a wise crack in my direction...the lemmings in the crowd would have gotten a wake up earful. I'm in the media so the more I come in contact with folks in Portland that went to this recent show...the more my review gets validated.
Spiff View Drop Down

Quote Spiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 10:53am

Doug I know how you feel. I wrote a comment about a very poor experience that I had in a concert (Washington) and it was not well received either. Frankly I went to the concert, purchased tickets for three of my friends and really really wanted to have a great time. But the concert was just plain bad. It's not that it wasn't my cup of tea mind you, it was just very unprofessional. She (or a band member) was clearly late so the concert had to be delayed about 45 minutes, then she started without any explanation. She was disjointed and seemed, quite clearly stoned. I know we are all fans of Madeleine's or we wouldn't be here, wouldn't be going to her concerts and buying her CDs. If this many people are complaining about the same thing, than there is clearly something to it. Perhaps, instead of fighting with Doug, someone should contact her or "her people" and try and get her back on track.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12