Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadeleine song on new compliation album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
guitarwhispers View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote guitarwhispers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madeleine song on new compliation album
    Posted: June 15 2006 at 9:44am

It's called Eclectic Cafe and it features "Don't Wait Too Long."  Has anyone else heard/heard about this album yet?   It calls itself the Complete Coffee House Collection and has other artist like aimee mann, heather nova, and moby.  my boss at universal was talking about it yesterday and mentioned that Madeleine was on it, so I had to see if anyone else knew about the album. i found the track listing on watermusicrecords.com, but it if anyone has heard this album, please let me know

saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 2:41pm

Well, indeed that CD became available on June 20th from Water Music Records and has the Madi cut on it. IMHO, the rest of the songs are terrible, and one (or I) wonders why Madi chose to be part of this collection of very un-Madi like music. I similarly wondered why Madi chose to have Martha Wainwright open for her on a recent tour.

Fortunately, however, all Madi's music is wonderful, and I suppose that's all that matters.
Cheers!
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2006 at 5:17pm
I suspect that Martha Wainwright was booked with Madi is that they are both Rounder artist. Martha is on Zoe records which is a Rounder label.

I actually like Martha a lot but Madi and Martha do very different music.
 Post Reply Post Reply