Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGood man bad (?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RoSa View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RoSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good man bad (?)
    Posted: March 05 2006 at 8:12am
can anyone help me to find more information about a beautiful song by Madeleine Peyroux I have recently heard. The title is most likely 'Good Man Bad', and it is played live with another guitar (solist), bass and drums.
I am sure it is Madeleine - the voice and song style are unique! but,
even 'googleing' in all possible ways my fantasy could suggest I didn' t find anything about it. Perhaps there is a live album, maybe under someone else's name...
Can anybody help me?...
Thanks a lot in advance!

silverstar View Drop Down

Quote silverstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 9:43pm
A quick google search turned up the song in question as part of Madeleine's setlist at Lilith Fair, so maybe you heard a live recording from the show?
RoSa View Drop Down

Quote RoSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 7:19am
thanks the tip, you must be right - even if I still can't find it (maybe because I am in Italy and the search engine works differently in different countries? no idea, but... who cares after all?)
Do you know if a record has been published from that performance? and if that 'Good Man Bad' song was composed by Madeleine Peyroux?

saramadi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote saramadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:10am

The title of the song is "I Want A Good Man Bad". This was in Madeleine's repetoire in the 1990's. She performed it (among other places) at the Montreal International Jazz Festival in June 1997. I attended and remember the whole set being great. Unfortunately as far as I know, there is no known recording of some of these songs. Her set included 14 songs. It was the first time I heard her do "Walking After Midnight" and "Muddy Water". Most of the songs in the set are not on any of her albums.

See: http://web.telia.com/~u87101031/

(added 5/06) By the way, Madi didn't write this. This was a song often sung by Lil Green back in the 1940's.

Cheers

Edited by saramadi
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply