Forum Home Forum Home > General > Madeleine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCommander-in-chief

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kobe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commander-in-chief
    Posted: January 18 2006 at 6:24am

It seems that there is hope for the hollywood soundtrack gurus after all. I do believe that the background music used in the last scene of the US television show, Commander in Chief, that aired 1/17/06 was Madeleine's own "Don't wait to Long". I was doing something domestic and did not get a chance to see the whole scene but it was definetly Madeleine's voice. So congratulations Madeleine. I hope hollywood uses more of your music in the future.

Ron Kobe

ronkobe
WebMaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote WebMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 7:13pm
It was indeed Madeleine sing 'Don't Wait To Long' at the end of 1/17 Commander in Chief. Didn't watch it until tonight.

lulu View Drop Down

Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2006 at 4:39pm
Ron

You may also be interested to know that Madeleine's recordings have
also been used in the pilot of a new series Love Monkey.

"Dance me to the end of Love" and "I'll look around" were also featured in
the Nip and Tuck episode - Momma Boone.

Wishing all Forum Members a happy new year.

Lulu
kobe View Drop Down

Quote kobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 10:56am

Hello LuLu,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I think that is great. I have not seen the Love Monkey series yet but I will try to record it when I can. Surprisingly enough the popular Madeleine song last year and the one that got the most airplay around Chicago was "Dance me to the end of Love" and now (I assume because it is a new year) "Don't Wait to Long" is the song getting the most airplay. I'm happy to hear any Madeleine song get airplay and it always makes me smile to hear her on the radio. Now I will assume that the radio station I listen to will put "Don't Wait to Long" on its best song of the year list because they played it this year. I can then vote for it in thier listener polls. Maybe the Grammy's will put her up for song of the year. I mean Green Day is up for Album of the Year (They won that category last year. What's with that? It's good , but is it that good?) and Madeleine was just was awarded a best new jazz artist award ( I assume they never heard of Dreamland). I understand that it is XM Nations First annual awards and all and I am happy they have the insight to recognize her but, Isn't she the Best Jazz Artist of the Year without the New. Anyway so much for the rant and Rave. I look forward to seeing (or hearing) more of Madeleine's music on the Television and I hope movies to.

Thanx - Ron

ronkobe
silverstar View Drop Down

Quote silverstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 1:28am
Originally posted by lulu

You may also be interested to know that Madeleine's recordings have also been used in the pilot of a new series Love Monkey.

VH-1 is now reairing episodes of Love Monkey (including previously unaired episodes).  I heard Dance Me to the End of Love in the pilot during the dinner scene.  Lots of great music used on this show.
 Post Reply Post Reply